Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hardcore "clueless" Gamer

So here's the thing, although i see myself as this hardcore gamer pounding it out on the battlefield, night after night, i am a little clueless when it come to my gaming rig. I tend to follow my fellow clan mates and when they upgrade, i tick the DITTO box and sign the cheque.

You see, i dont think there is a problem with not knowing how much memory is in the machine or what the graphics card is called or the size of my processor - my only concern is that it's enough to get online and play my games.

I liken myself to Livingstone, trying to carved his way through the jungle, looking for a suitable means of public transport - he did'nt care that his machete was a XT9000 RazorBlade or that it had diamond coating on the bladed edge or that the grip contained flexable molding.

He was above all that crap and from a practical point of view, all he knew was that he had suitable tools to do the job. Over time when the blade went all rusty and dull, well... he just left it there and requested a beter one that worked. He did'nt spend days comparing the various options and weighing up the pro's and con's - he just picked up the blade that could do the job and headed out to the jungle...

No comments:

Post a Comment